A good cut, well shaped and maintained facial hair is part of every man’s grooming. You therefore need a tool that is able to give you that look you desire. Choosing the right beard trimmer will help you achieve this as well as save you a trip to the barber.
Depending on your preference or taste, lifestyle and the needs at hand you may opt for a corded or cordless beard trimmer. In essence, whether you go for cordless or corded beard trimmer, both have same performance so long as you get the best quality. It’s on the part of power supply that makes them different, as seen at beardcareshop.com/remington-pg6025/
Either cordless or corded beard trimmer each has its advantages and disadvantages. I have done this research to help you make an informed decision. So let’s dive deeper in to each of them.
Cordless beard trimmer.
As the name suggests, this trimmer has no cord. It comes with an in-built battery or removable one so you just need to charge the battery.
• It’s easily portable.
You can carry it wherever you want even in the outdoor so long as it’s charged. It perfect for travelling.
• It’s more flexible.
It allows you to move around as there is no cord on your way. No limitation on movements and it’s also safe as nothing gets tangled.
• Convenient use.
You can use it anywhere even in the shower as some are waterproof. This also gives you a chance to groom other parts of the body.
• Battery may run out in the middle of trimming or styling your facial hair. This means you have to wait for it to recharge so you can continue with the trimming.
• If the battery is in-built, you may need to replace the trimmer when the battery dies.
• It can inconvenience you especially if you forget to charge it early enough as you have to wait for it to charge before you can use it.
Corded beard trimmer.
This trimmer comes with a cord and it must be plugged into a socket for it to function. It also have pros and cons which include;
• Saves you time.
You do not need to wait for the battery to charge, you just plug in and you are good to go.
• It’s efficient.
Since electricity is it’s power source, it can not stop in the middle of trimming. This makes it excellent for long session trimming and styling.
• More durable.
This trimmer has no battery so it last longer. Unlike the cordless trimmer which may have an in-built battery that prompt the trimmer to be disposed off when the battery dies.
• You can not use it while travelling outdoors or where there is no electricity connection.
• It limit your movements to the length of the cord. It may also get tangled on items on your way.
• Can not be used in the shower since its not waterproof as this may cause it’s damage and accident to the user.
As indicated above both the cordless and corded beard trimmers have high and down sides. Considering all these, you can now get a cordless or a corded beard trimmer so long its of high quality.